Position start date : November 1, 2022
Duration : CDI
working time : 80%
Location : Headquarters Lausanne, Switzerland
Terre des hommes does not set deadlines for this post; Recruitment will continue until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the largest children’s charity in Switzerland. Since 1960, Tdh has been helping to build a better future for disadvantaged children and their communities through innovative and sustainable solutions. Tdh is present in 38 countries with an operating budget of over 90 million Swiss francs and works with local and international partners to develop and implement projects in this area, affecting the daily lives of over four million children and their families in terms of health and protection improve and emergency.
The Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) focuses on developing and strengthening health interventions to improve the conditions of the most vulnerable children around the world and bring about sustainable systemic change. As part of its health programme, Tdh works to improve access to quality primary health care for children and their mothers with three defined priorities: perinatal health, digital health and health systems strengthening. Tdh’s health interventions contribute to the preparedness and resilience of local communities to respond to acute and protracted crises.
Main responsibilities :
The aim of this position is to support the health program in order to strengthen Tdh’s position as a renowned international player in maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH). Under the supervision of the Deputy Health Manager, the Health Advisor contributes to the definition and implementation of health activities according to Tdh’s strategy and the needs of the country, providing technical guidance in relevant health areas (perinatal health, child health and nutrition), humanitarian aid and development contexts as well in the project cycle and knowledge management.
- Perinatal health, child health and nutrition:
- Providing robust, relevant and up-to-date technical guidance that contributes to the development of proposals, modes of action and project protocols to respond with a nexus approach to health needs in both development and humanitarian contexts.
- Coordinate communications with external volunteer advisors to ensure timely and appropriate input into field activities at regional and national levels.
- Contribute to the definition, communication and adequacy of the overall health strategy and the specific perinatal, digital health and nexus strategies.
- Stay on top of health field activities with regular updates to the health project database, including contributions from the team.
- Contribution to the definition and implementation of operational research activities to generate evidence-based results.
- Project Cycle Management:
- Contribute to task definition, report follow-up and revision, situational analysis, and project appraisal and capitalization activities.
- Coordinate regular updating and communication of the universal health surveillance and assessment framework according to the programmatic priorities identified in the strategy.
- Revision of project proposals to ensure consistency with the Health Indicators Framework and the clear definition of monitoring and evaluation tools and plans.
- Collect, synthesize and document results, evaluations and lessons learned for reporting purposes.
- Contribution to the analysis of health data and indicators for the institutional annual report and external communication.
- Knowledge management:
- Providing and communicating an updated list of available and relevant health training courses for all Tdh health staff, organized internally or through external training organisations.
- Schedule regular webinars on topics agreed with the team and according to the technical requirements of the program.
- Maintain and share information through the Health Knowledge Center with regular updates of important documents and events.
- Contribute to the regular revision of Tdh’s website and provide updated information.
- Other responsibilities:
- Implement the health migration roadmap in collaboration with the migration team.
- Act as a focal point for advocacy and empowerment to ensure timely communication with the institutional focal points and health care team.
- Participate in institutional working groups as needed and subject to availability.
- Participation in team meetings and external meetings of assigned networks and forums.
- In your area of responsibility, represent the health program within Tdh and Tdh in contact with external stakeholders.
Professional degree in nursing, medicine or a related health field. A postgraduate degree in public health or health management would be an advantage.
Experience of at least 2 years in the implementation of MNCH projects, both in development and humanitarian contexts.
Experience implementing project cycle management, from quoting to reporting.
Competences / soft skills:
Organized, independent and proactive.
Good communication skills.
Team worker who can work in a matrix structure.
Problem solving and strategic thinking.
Ability to work under pressure in a multicultural and challenging environment.
Collaborative attitude inside and outside the health program.
Interpersonal skills, including integrity, good judgment and diplomacy.
Languages : Excellent spoken and written skills in French and English.
Absolute mastery of the usual office automation tools.
salary between CHF 6’300.- and CHF 7’500.- gross x 13 depending on level of experience.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policy:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach of the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raising awareness within the Foundation of abuse and violence and the rights that derive from them, respect for the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and ours own staff
- Is committed to complying with risk management policies including: Safeguards Policies (Child Protection Policy, Sexual Exploitation Policy and Employee Misconduct Policy), Security Policies and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Crime Financing Prevention Activities Policies
- Committed to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we operate.
We offer exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for children at risk.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
How to apply
Please apply online directly: http://www.jobs.net/j/JJmCKwDm?idpartenaire=20007
Application files sent through our official site are only processed in full (resume + cover letter). Further documents (diplomas, job references, etc.) will be requested at a later date.
We will only contact the shortlisted candidates during the selection process – unfortunately, given the large number of applications received, we cannot personally follow up on the larger pool of candidates. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions, you can consult the FAQ under the job advertisements.